In response to the COVID-19 situation, the College of Dentistry Office of Admissions is taking measures to protect the health and welfare of our campus community and guests. The information below focuses on the impact on prospective students and applicants and will be continually updated.
Impacts on visits, on- and off-campus events
Based on the University of Illinois System recommendations, effective Friday, March 13, on-campus tours will be suspended.
- In addition to on-campus events, Admissions will not participate in off-campus events including school visits, college fairs and other non-essential travel.
- Our office will be unable to accept walk in visitors until further notice through the summer.
- This suspension of activities is in place until further notice. Where possible, alternate programming is being planned. Check back here for details.
Office closure until May 30
The College of Dentistry Office of Admissions is temporarily closed and staff will work remotely until May 30. We will not be able to receive in-person visits or phone calls. Please contact us by email if you have any questions or need assistance.
Ms. Braulia Espinosa
Director of Student and Diversity Affairs
Impacts on the DMD application process
The College of Dentistry Office of Admissions is committed to increased flexibility in our admissions process to ease some of the disruption to our applicants' plans.
- The UIC College of Dentistry will accept a pass/fail for all prerequisite and non-prerequisite courses taken during the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 semester only.
- The UIC College of Dentistry AADSAS and UIC supplemental application deadline will be extended to December 1, 2020.
- For the 2020-2021 cycle we are reducing the standard 100 hour recommended dental shadowing hours to 50 hours.
- Due to Prometric site closures the DAT exam is not being administered, please visit the ADA website for additional details.
- Please continue to check back here for details.
This page was last updated: 4/27/2020
Complete the AADSAS Application. Of note: AADSAS has extended the application submission date to : June 16, 2020.
Submit your College of Dentistry application to the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). Applicants will be responsible for manually entering all grades from college level and higher coursework on the central application. Due to Covid19 our application for the 2020 cycle has been extended to: December 1 2020.
Complete the Supplemental Application
After submitting the AADSAS application, complete the UIC DMD supplemental application. The system will request an $85 application fee which can only be paid via credit card. Due to Covid 19, the deadline has been extended to: December 1, 2020.
It is requested that candidates update their Academic records during the time frame allowed by AADSAS. The UIC College of Dentistry is unable to accept transcripts, additional letters of recommendation, resume's and other documents once the AADSAS application is submitted, unless requested by the Admissions staff.
Since the College has a limited capacity, it must be selective in choosing students. The selection is based upon the applicant's credentials (including both completed and planned courses), letters of recommendation, and information obtained during the application process. A rolling admissions process is used with preference given to earlier applications. Applicants are responsible for deadlines. As a state institution, there is a strong preference for Illinois residents. Admission to the College of Dentistry is competitive, and it should be recognized that not all candidates who apply will be admitted. The Office of Admissions will notify all applicants of a final admissions decision no later than April.
An on-campus interview is required. Interviews are held from September through March. The interview will be extended by the College's Admissions Office via email at the approval of the Admissions Committee. Interview days can last up to 7-1/2 hours in duration (but are often shorter). Interview formats are typically closed file and candidates interview one time with 1-2 faculty members. Candidates should not contact the Office of Admissions to request an interview.
Reapplications and Deferrals
Application materials are not retained by UIC. If you would like to reapply, you must resubmit all materials through the AADSAS portal. Reapplicant advising is available following the close of the cycle after April 1 of each year. Requests for deferred entrance into our college are for exceptional circumstances only.
Please note that the Office of Admissions is unable to provide update information due to the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). More information.