- Mohamed I.
- DDS, MS, PhD
- Director of Endodontic Research
- Clinical Associate Professor
Education & Career
- Cairo University, DDS
- University of Buffalo at NewYork, MS
- Eastman Dental Center, University of Rochester at New York, GRE
- University of Buffalo at NewYork & Cairo University, PhD
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, Endodontics Certificate
Professional Affiliations & Certifications
- Scientific Advisory and Manuscript Review Panel, Journal of Endodontics
- AAE Research and Scientific Affairs Committee
- Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics
Co-author of the Periradicular Surgery chapter in Pathways of the pulp 10th edition (2011) and 11th edition 2015. Co-editor of the text book “3-D imaging in Endodontics”.
Clinical outcomes research, laser interaction with dental hard tissue, tissue engineering and the application of CBVT imaging in endodontics.
Qian Xie; Bradford R. Johnson; Christopher S. Wenckus; Mohamed I. Fayad; Christine D. Wu. Efficacy of berberine, an antimicrobial plant alkaloid, as an endodontic irrigant against a mixed-culture biofilm in an in vitro tooth model. Journal of Endodontics. 2012;38(8):1114-1117.
Mohamed I. Fayad; Paul J. Ashkenaz; Bradford R. Johnson. Different representations of vertical root fractures detected by cone-beam volumetric tomography: A case series report. Journal of Endodontics. 2012;38(10):1435-1442.
Rajaa Alsanea; Sriram Ravindran; Mohamed I. Fayad; Bradford R. Johnson; Christopher S. Wenckus; Jianjun Hao; Anne George. Biomimetic approach to perforation repair using dental pulp stem cells and dentin matrix protein 1. Journal of Endodontics. 2011;37(8):1092-1097.
Bruna Burgener; Angelique R. Ford; Hongsa Situ; Mohamed I. Fayad; Jian Jun Hao; Christopher S. Wenckus; Bradford R. Johnson; Ellen A. Begole; Anne George. Biologic markers for odontogenic periradicular periodontitis. Journal of Endodontics. 2010;36(8):1307-1310.
Vince A. Penesis; Patrick I. Fitzgerald; Mohamed I. Fayad; Christopher S. Wenckus; Ellen A. BeGole; Bradford R. Johnson. Outcome of One-visit and Two-visit Endodontic Treatment of Necrotic Teeth with Apical Periodontitis: A Randomized Controlled Trial with One-year Evaluation. Journal of Endodontics. 2008;34(3):251-257.