- Ian W.
- DDS, MS
- Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Ian Marion is a Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of Pre-doctoral Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He received his DDS from the University of the Pacific in 2012, then completed a General Practice Residency at S. Barnabas Hospital in New York. He completed a pediatric dentistry residency and received a MSD at the University of Washington in 2015. He teaches didactic and clinical pediatric dentistry to dental students, as well as prevention and minimally invasive dentistry to residents. He is a reviewer for multiple pediatric dentistry journals and is an active member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), including being a 2016 ITL Scholar.
Dr. Marion’s clinical responsibilities involve serving as an attending in both the pre-doctoral and post-graduate clinic. His research interests include local anesthesia, dental technology, chemical caries management, and interprofessional education.
Education & Career
- University of the Pacific: Doctor of Dental Surgery
- St. Barnabas Hospital General Practice Residency
- University of Washington and Seattle Children's Hospital Pediatric Dentistry Residency
- University of Washington Master of Science in Dentistry