- MDS (U.Sof.), MFD(RCSI), D.Ch.Dent.(U.Dubl.), FFD(RCSI)
- Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Kratunova has a clinical doctorate in pediatric dentistry from Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, and a specialist fellowship degree in pediatric dentistry from the Faculty of Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. Dr. Kratunova has more than 10 years of clinical experience working with children in community and private practice. She entered academe by teaching clinical pediatric dentistry in Dublin Dental University Hospital, Trinity College, Ireland. She has also served as Secretary and President of the Irish Society for Dentistry for Children. Currently Dr. Kratunova holds a full-time faculty appointment as clinical assistant professor in Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Education & Career
- Faculty of Dentistry, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland: Specialist Fellowship Diploma in Pediatric Dentistry (FFD)
- College of Management and IT (CMIT), Ireland: Diploma in Child Psychology
- Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland: Membership Diploma of the Faculty of Dentistry (MFD)
- Medical University - Sofia, Bulgaria: Master of Dental Science, General Dentistry (MDS)
Specific areas of research interests include: Restorative Dental Materials for Primary Teeth, Dental Trauma, Local Anesthesia in Children, Behavior Management, Dental Anomalies.
- Kratunova E, O'Connell AC. Chairside repair of preveneered primary molar stainless steel crowns: a pilot study. Pediatr Dent. 2015; 37(1): 46-50.
- Kratunova E, O'Connell AC. A randomized clinical trial investigating the performance of two commercially available posterior pediatric preveneered stainless steel crowns: a continuation study. Pediatr Dent. 2014 Nov-Dec; 36(7):494-8.
- O'Connell AC, Kratunova E, Leith R. Posterior preveneered stainless steel crowns: clinical performance after three years. Pediatr Dent. 2014 May-Jun; 36(3):254-8.