- Bradford R.
- DDS, MHPE
- Department Head
- Director of Postdoctoral Endodontics
Education & Career
- University of Colorado, BA
- Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virgina, DDS
- Michael Reese Hospital, general practice residency
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, Endodontic specialty training
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Master of Health Professions Education
Professional Affiliations & Certifications
- Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
Clinical Activities and Specialties
Dr. Johnson maintains a part-time clinical practice limited to endodontics.
Dr. Johnson’s scholarly interests include: evaluation of new technology and materials in endodontics, clinical decision-making, dental education, and clinical outcomes research.
-Fayad MI, Johnson BR (editors). 3D Imaging in Endodontics – A New Era in Diagnosis andTreatment. Springer International Publishing AG (In Press: 2016)
-Johnson BR, Epstein JB. Management Considerations for the Medically Complex Endodontic Patient. Chapter 31. Ingle’s Endodontics, eds: Ingle J, Rotstein I, 7th Edition (In press: 2016)
-Johnson BR, Fayad MI. Periradicular Surgery. Chapter 9. Pathways of the Pulp, eds Cohen and Hargreaves, 11th edition, Mosby Elsevier, St. Louis, MO. 2016.
-Ee J, Fayad MI, Johnson BR. Comparison of Endodontic Diagnosis and Treatment Planning Decisions Using Cone Beam Volumetric Tomography (CBVT) versus Periapical Radiography. J Endod 2014;40:910-916.
-Bell L, Sukotjo C, Yuan J, Johnson BR. Applicant Selection Procedures in Endodontic Specialty Programs in the United States: Program Director’s Perspective. J Endod 2014;40:797-804.
- Fayad MI, Ashkenaz PJ, Johnson BR. Different Representations of Vertical Root Fractures Detected by Cone Beam Volumetric Tomography: A case series report. J Endod 2012;38:1435-1442.
-Xie Q, Johnson BR, Wenckus CS, Fayad MI, Wu CD. Efficacy of Berberine, an Antimicrobial Plant Alkaloid, as an Endodontic Irrigant against a Mixed-Culture Biofilm in an in vitro Tooth Model. J Endod 2012;38:1114-1117.
-Prescott RS, Alsanea R, Fayad MI, Johnson BR, Wenckus CS, Hao J, John AS, George A. In vivo Generation of Dental Pulp-like Tissue Using Dental Pulp Stem Cells, a Collagen Scaffold and Dentin Matrix 1 Following Subcutaneous Transplantation in Mice. J Endod 2008; 34:421 26.
-Penesis VA, Fitzgerald PI, Fayad MI, Wenckus CS, BeGole EA, Johnson BR. Outcome of one visit and two-visit endodontic treatment of necrotic teeth with apical periodontitis: A randomized controlled trial with one year evaluation. J Endod 2008; 34:251-57.